aithne: (Default)
aithne ([personal profile] aithne) wrote2008-09-15 11:20 am
Entry tags:

there's my handsome dog.


big grin
Originally uploaded by Nareshe.
I uploaded a few dog pictures this weekend; this is my favorite of Boone, who is posing like the happy boy he is. I've been working on getting back into running, and have been taking both the dogs with me when I go out. Boone loves to run, so very much. He's built for both speed and distance and has a ground-eating lope with a stride length that just about matches mine.

Pip's been coming along, and will be until I graduate from running 90 seconds at a time to 5 minutes. Pip is a born sprinter, and it's hard for her to remember that we are running together, not playing chase. She does settle down at about the mile point, when her initial energy is worked off. I'm actually not worried about her balking when she gets tired or having to carry her. She's so game that I'm mostly worried about her hurting herself by trying to keep up with me on the longer stretches. Her stride is shorter than mine and Boone's, which means that compared to Boone she's expending more energy running than he is.

But for the moment, she comes along, and she loves it. We stop for potty breaks a few times per run, and the dogs run with their tongues flapping in the breeze, just happy to be alive and moving.

[identity profile] 3smallishmagi.livejournal.com 2008-09-15 06:25 pm (UTC)(link)
That's a lovely picture.

[identity profile] stopword.livejournal.com 2008-09-15 06:31 pm (UTC)(link)
Those dogs have good lives. And they look like they know it and appreciate it.

[identity profile] song72.livejournal.com 2008-09-16 12:51 pm (UTC)(link)
I know my dogs would love to go running with me - if I ran.

I've tried rollerblading with some success, but now with three dogs its just too 'exciting' (ie, insane)

I just don't think I walk fast enough to burn off their excess energy and my feel usually start to hurt around 25-30 min.

My kids are jealous of your kids. :)